Deepika Padukone in a Konkani film!

Deepika Padukone has always stood tall. The actress, who is busy shooting for Chennai Express with Shahrukh Khan, has at least half a dozen projects lined up until next year! With only a few days to go for her film Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani and two months for Chennai Express, Deepika Padukone is the talk of B-town! The film would be her first with Ranbir Kapoor, post breakup.

Now, she will be seen in a Konkani-English short film, which is being directed by Homi Adajania. The two had previously worked together on Cocktail, which was received well at the box-office! The film is titled “Finding Fanny” and is set in Goa. Deepika decided to take up the project when Homi was casually telling her about his plans and Homi was more than glad to oblige! “Homi narrated the story to me, while we were shooting for Cocktail, with no intention of casting me in the film. He was simply talking about an idea. I told him that I want to be part of it. He was surprised, because it’s not a regular feature film,” said Deepika, who will be seen with Ishaqzaade star Arjun Kapoor.

But, wouldn’t it be odd for Deepika Padukone to do a short film? She explains, “I agreed to do it for two reasons — my faith in Homi as a director, and the fact that I found the script exciting. I don’t like using the word offbeat, but it’s different from whatever I’ve done before in my career. Homi has wanted to make this film for a long time, and I’m happy he’s finally put it together.” The film is being produced by Saif Ali Khan’s Illuminati Films.

More than Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani, we’re looking forward to to see Deepika Padukone in a Konkani film!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Powered by Blogger