Bartoli outclasses Peng to make Qatar semis

DOHA: France's Marion Bartoli completed a swift demolition job of China's Peng Shuai to storm into the semi-finals of the WTA Qatar Open here on Thursday.
The world number 18, who is unseeded in Qatar, hardly gave Peng a chance to find her footing in another hopelessly one-sided match to win 6-2, 6-2 and stay on course for a possible sixth title on the WTA Tour.Bartoli, who had sent eighth seed Shahar Peer packing in the second round on Tuesday, earning praise from the Israeli, was again ruthless on Thursday, her trademark double-handed shots on either side often leaving her Chinese rival stranded on several occasions.

She hit four aces and 22 winners, committing just nine unforced errors compared to Peng's 18.

"I am pleased with my level of play," said the Frenchwoman. "I am moving much better on the court compared to the previous years and I hope to continue playing like this."

Bartoli also had words for her father and coach Dr Walter Bartoli.

"I am grateful to my dad for his training and guidance," said the 2007 Wimbledon finalist.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Powered by Blogger