Sania Mirza To Watch ‘Slumdog Millionaire

Sania Mirza is all praise for Mahesh Bhupathi after they won the Australian Open mixed doubles title but the tennis ace is also upset with him for not taking her to watch ’Slumdog Millionaire’. Sania wanted to watch the much-acclaimed film, directed by Danny Boyle, but instead of taking her along, Bhupathi and Rohan Bopanna went ahead and saw the movie.

"Mahesh and Rohan ditched me and went to watch ’Slumdog Millionaire’," Sania said today. Talking about the reception following her triumph in the Australian Open where she and Bhupathi became the first Indian pair to win a Grand Slam title, the Hyderabadi girl said it reminded her of the time when she returned home after winning the junior Wimbledon doubles title partnering Alisa Kleybanova of Russia in 2003.


"There were my relative and a number of people to receive me at the airport when I returned home from the Australian Open. It reminded me when I was 17 and had won the junior Wimbledon title," she said. Asked what went through her mind when they landed the Australian Open mixed doubles title, Sania said, "Is this for real? There were so many things going through my mind, there was almost disbelief in the beginning. It is taking time but finally it is sinking in."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Powered by Blogger