Sania Mirza hopes to play in Commonwealth Games

Indian tennis player Sania Mirza has said that she hopes for a speedy recovery so that she can return to the game and also participate in the commonwealth games this year to be held in Delhi
Mirza has suffered a wrist injury as she complained of a pain in an earlier wrist problem during the Dubai Tennis Championships last month.
"I will surely play Commonwealth Games and I am preparing for it. But for the next six weeks I would not be able to play and practice due to my injury. Let me recover from my injury, then I will start playing," said Sania.
She was speaking during the inauguration of the Pailan World School Residential Tennis Academy in Kolkata. She also appreciated the opening of the academy as it would give confidence to future players.
India has qualified in the Asia/Oceania Zone Group-I in the Fed Cup, where she is an important player. She said that she would be interested in the "special" training programme forthe Commonwealth Games after she recovers.

She said that she has enough time until the games to prepare for the matches.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Powered by Blogger